• The decision not to structure is irrevocable.
• Earnings from a qualifying SSA are received tax free.
• Future payments scheduled to be received from a SSA are protected from creditors.
• A rated age may be available with the use of the SSA, increasing the benefit to the client.
• A SSA places contractual and statutory restrictions on access to the funds making them more difficult to dissipate.
• There may be estate tax implications of receiving this settlement in cash.
• A SSA could provide lifetime income guaranteed by a highly rated insurance company.
• Taking the settlement in cash could affect eligibility for government entitlements.
By acknowledging these things the client admits that they have been adequately informed about their settlement options and the impact the settlement may have on their future.